Saturday, October 24, 2009

Remembrance of PERL past


Remember PERL? I once read five chapters of the llama book just so I wouldn't feel like a total ass for ordering and wearing the cool llama shirt. Which kind of tells you where my sympathies lie on the definition of "total ass."

Then I gave up on PERL because, you know, I'm not a programmer. I couldn't even work out good boolean algebra for a freaking elevator control panel in electronics class in high school.

Anyhow, I've been trying to figure out how to do all the behind-the-scenes HTML tweaking to set up this blog properly (well, essentially to watch you watching me through Analytics - blogging is about narcissism, right? I mean, I already know what I'm thinking, so presumably I don't need to read it on a blog). I flashed back to that miserable week and a half of "learning" PERL. A monkey with a fair attention span could write PERL, and a monkey hopped up on goofballs should be able to manage a Blogger account.

I've been painting too long, the left half of my brain has turned to mush. Sigh.

No comments:

Post a Comment